The very first version of the Snipe hunting rifle was released in 1997. That pump-action weapon was designed for 16-caliber ammunition. A few years later, a new, more modern version was released, which received a number of structural changes. The new Bekas Avto was designed for firing charges of the 12th and 16th calibers.
For many years of production, this hunting rifle has not lost its popularity. Snipe 16m and 12 are used by weapon lovers both for hunting and for self-defense. The high popularity is due to the excellent value for money and quality, which is much better than other pump-action weapons on the domestic market.
At the Molot plant, where new Bekas 16 and 12 are produced, specialists carefully control the quality of the products they produce. This allows you to operate the gun in a variety of weather conditions, while having a high stock of working resource.
There are many modifications of this weapon, the main differences between which lie in the bed, the caliber of the used cartridges and the length of the barrel. Some rifles are sold together with two barrels: long and short, which allows you to change them depending on the problems encountered.
The design of the new pump-action Snipe Auto
The long trunk is usually used to hunt various animals. It has a constant choke. The short barrel is used in the case of civil self-defense, it allows you to quickly aim and shoot at random more successfully. Short trunks are also equipped with limited versions of 12M-C, which are produced for various power structures.
The long barrel is available in two forms: 720 and 750 millimeters in length. For aiming set standard sighting plate. The short barrel is also available in two forms: 535 and 630 millimeters. For aiming there are installed the rear sight and front sight.
To reduce the weight, development engineers decided to make a receiver from a high-quality, durable aluminum alloy. Butt Snipe, grip and handguard are made from Turkish walnut, which is a reliable material and is often used in the weapons industry. The butt is equipped with a special rubber insert, which reduces the impact of recoil during firing.
At the heart of the work of hunting weapons is a classic system for pump weapons, that is, reloading is carried out at the expense of the longitudinally sliding forearm. The handguard moves through the tube of the grenade shop, and two thrusts, which pull from it to the gate, open the shutter when the handguard moves backwards.
After the shot, the shooter pulls the forearm by hand towards himself, which opens the shutter. During this, the cartridge case is removed from the cartridge chamber and removed through a special window on the receiver. At the same time, the feeder catches the new cartridge and the trigger is cocked.
When the handguard begins to move back to the front position, the feeder engages with it and brings the new cartridge into the chamber. At the same time, the shutter is locked. If the magazine runs out of ammunition, the shutter remains in the rear extreme position and you can remove it from there only by pressing the shutter delay button.
USM made by the type of the trigger. The fuse is activated by a special button, which is located at the base of the trigger guard. If you come across the very first versions of a hunting rifle, then there will be a flag-type fuse.
Basic versions of the snipe rifle 12 and 16
Snipe Auto has several versions that allow the buyer to choose exactly what is needed for his tasks:
- VPO-201. Version 0 - the magazine holds 6 charges, the barrel length is 680 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is 1231 millimeters. The weight of the discharged weapon is 3.5 kilograms. Equipped with a standard butt with a pistol neck;
- VPO-201. Version 1 - the barrel length is 535 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is 1067 millimeters. The weight of the unloaded hunting rifle is 3.4 kilograms. The stock is set to classic; of the entire range, this version is equipped with the shortest barrel;
- VPO-201. Version 2 - the barrel length is 720 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is 1271 millimeters. The weight of the discharged weapon is 3.55 kilograms. Equipped with a standard semi-pistol butt type;
- VPO-201. Version 3 - the barrel length is 750 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is 1301 millimeters. The weight of the unloaded hunting rifle is 3.6 kilograms. This version is the longest and heaviest of the entire line;
- VPO-201. Version 4 - barrel length is 535 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is equal to 844 millimeters. The weight of the discharged pump shotgun is 3.3 kilograms. Equipped with a pistol grip, hence such a small total length;
- VPO-201. Version 5 is the barrel length of two types: 535 millimeters and 680 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is 1231 or 1376 millimeters. The weight of the discharged pump shotgun is 3.3 or 3.5 kilograms. Included is a standard butt and pistol grip, which reduces the total length to 844 or 989 millimeters;
- VPO-201. Version 6 is the barrel length of two types: 535 and 720 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is 844 and 1271 millimeters. The weight of the discharged pump shotgun is 3.3 or 3.6 kilograms. Equipped with a standard butt or pistol grip;
- VPO-201. Version 7 is the barrel length of two types: 535 and 750 millimeters, and the total length of the gun is 844 or 1301 millimeters. The weight of the discharged pump shotgun is 3.3 or 3.6 kilograms. Equipped with a classic butt or pistol grip, which are made of Turkish walnut.
All these versions are characteristic of the new Bekas 16 and 12 calibers. All eight versions of mass production have been set up, so each of them can be found in a gun shop in your city.
What can be concluded?
The Snipe shotgun complex is an excellent product of a domestic arms manufacturer. Possessing good quality and characteristics, a new weapon of this type will cost 10-15 thousand rubles, depending on the configuration.
The main feature is the rapid ability to replace the trunk in some versions. This allows you to use a weapon for hunting various game, and for regular self-defense. Having a simple design, it is easy to use, so it is recommended to use for beginners as the first serious hunting weapon.